The Press Room is a communication channel between IBGE and journalists. Here you can follow our releases, contact our press office and access multimedia resources.


search
in news

Industrial employment remains stable in April

In April 2013, the total number of salaried employed persons in industry did not change (0.0%) over the preceding month in the seasonally adjusted series, after registering a positive change of 0.2% in March and remaining stable last February. Based on these figures, the quarterly moving average index recorded a positive change of 0.1% in the quarter ended in April over that in the preceding month, maintaining the stability trend since July last year. Compared with April 2012, the industrial employment dropped 0.5% in April 2013, the 19th consecutive negative figure in this type of comparison, though the least significant drop since January last year (-0.4%). In the cumulative index for the first four months of 2013, the total number of employed persons in industry declined 0.9%, pointing to a slight decrease in the falling pace against the last f


Social Communication
June 12, 2013


© 2014 IBGE - Instituto Brasileiro de Geografia e Estatística